Saturday 29 June 2013

Production Diary #5

I have notice that the oldest videos date to just a performance based one, but there was a slight progress with Michael Jackson's thriller one, where the element of film got introduced. I have came up with an idea of maybe combining film with lie performance to make a tour diary type video. As a lot of famous narrative videos have been made, the genre of these all follow pop, mainstream and R&B which are the opposite of mine. If I wanted to be safe I could follow the easy path of using both performance and narrative, as shown in the BFMV video, however this has been done way to many times before and has also gotten a bit boring in my opinion. Therefore I want to bring back the old school and make it new school as that is what pop punk/ post-hardcore is all about. I want my video to include some of the historical omelets which created music videos as successful as it is now, but still keep it current. This is why I am going to base mine on a live performance as this hasn't been seen as much in the modern era, but it will pull in a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment