Tuesday 22 October 2013

Planning for Magazine advert and Digipack



I have just drawn out my first basic draft for my magazine advert and digipack. Here you can see that it is very basic as I a not a great drawer, but have shown what I want it to look like.
The main theme on this one was someone being alone in a big city with a suitcase traveling home. I have also looked at basic layouts of how they look and tried to copy it throughout mine. A lot of rock adverts use the whole page with their picture rather than just a small picture. This creates a more realistic theme and also ties in well with my idea of a busy city at night. I'm not too sure on the sizing and placements of things as when I actually do my first proper draft on the compute this will be more accurate along with the font. However The ideas are there and I am really proud of what I have come up with.



This is my draft for my front cover of my digipack. Following the same theme of a city at night from the magazine advert this one ties in with it as it will be the same model sitting high above on a hill or something, watching the city fade to night. The ideas all link and follow the same, lonely, lost theme of being away from home and trying to find your way back, again linking in with my song, so when you see my music video, it will have some link with the album and advertisement.

Not being very good at drawing, the picture is of a girl sitting alone at night looking down at the city view, the title and the album name sit in a faded circle, highlighting this. I've seen this done before on  many other digipacks and thought it would form to the conventions.

The back of my digipack again follows the city style, as I will take a picture of a road sign which will look like this, having many arrows pointing in all directions, each arrow will have the title of the song included in the album, again tying in with the themes of a city, lost and along, not knowing where to go.
It maybe hard for me to find a sign like this as they are old fashioned and hardly seen around, but if not I will compromise and either edit one together or take another picture of a sign in the street.

The background would be a faded, blurred scenery of the town at night with the street sign in full focus, along with the bar code and other record label information at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment