Thursday 18 July 2013

Production Diary #9

So far I've been doing a lot of research about music videos and how they are published and viewed. I have also noticed whilst researching that there seems to be no channel who carters for my genre in specific. Kerrang would probably be the most closest channel who would air my genre on their show, however I did stumbled on some small, independent music channels on sky who just air new and upcoming bands who hardly anyone has heard of. Also researching into the history of my genre I have seen for myself how the genre has changed over the years to fit in with the audience. Pop punk was originally all about the music and fans, whilst now it seems to be all about the image. Bands like Bowling for soup had a great success back in the 1990's whereas if they were to be released now they would get no attention due to their appearance. I found this really interesting whilst researching as I would have to take into consideration this change and make sure my audience now would like my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment