Friday 23 August 2013

Production Diary #20


A few days ago I had planed to go to Newcastle for the last date of Alone Tonight's tour and get all my filming done for the band. I had previously panned out before what I was going to do and what shots I needed. Looking back on what I had got from Guilford, I knew that I didn't have t get much as the work had been done for me previously. Thanks to my great organisation and planning with what I needed to film and when, sticking closely to my storyboard and also my scheduled I knew I would be mostly don by the end of the Newcastle gig.
All I really needed is to make sure I had enough shots of the band, as they lived 7 hours away and would be a hassle to get more, so I made sure on the day that I was filming throughout, making sure I didn't miss anything.

And when I got back, I watched over the footage, and was shocked to see that I had over 20 minutes worth, even more than I though I would ever need. So in that case I was more confident and happy with myself that I had stuck to my original plans and schedule which really did help me in the end.
I had a brilliant time in Newcastle as well, arriving at 3pm and leaning at 11pm. It took me a 6 hour drive by mega bus alone, but when I got there the band was waiting, all excited for the last show, they showed me around Newcastle as well, so I got a few shots of that and looked after me for the whole evening.

The gig infact was their very best, seeing as it was a home town show, all of their fans, family and friends all attended, showing their love and support, making it a brilliant
time for me to film, as this time there was more of a crowd and the lighting was perfect.
I have also taught myself how to use the camera on manual settings so I can change each part depending on where I am and the lighting, which helped me get the best footage.
As well as that I got a chance to get a few live pictures from the gig, which I could add somewhere for extra effect.
Overall I was very happy that I went all that way because it gave me the best footage and I now know my music video is going to rock!, Can't wait for editing.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment