Thursday 5 September 2013

Progress report

Summer is now over, and i've had a 5 week holiday to do all of my research work. I was pretty happy that I got all of it done because it gives me a lot more time to focus on my filming and actual planning of my music video.
I finished all of my research then started to think about filming. At the start of the summer I knew that I was going to film the main part of my music video as my band will be going on tour however, the band I originally had backed out after a few weeks so I then had the trouble to find a whole new one in such a short space of time, at this
point I wasn't worried as it was still the summer and I had enough time to get a new one. Looking through my facebook wall, I found a band called "Alone Tonight" who I had seen live before a year ago, I also noticed that they were going on tour this August and thought it was a perfect opportunity to get a new band as I could just go on tour and film throughout.
So I messaged them and they replied almost imminently and said yes, I was glad that they were so on-board and keen to film. This gave me a week to make sure everything was in set, I planned to go to three of the tour dates as they were all in London or near and easy for me to access. However I found the London date was an over 18 show which I could not attend, and the one after that was on results day. This just set my schedule back a bit but not by too much as there were still four dates of tour left. I managed to attend the Guilford date on the Friday, and had prepared what I was going to shoot before hand, I had a rough storyboard of what I would do and would stick loosely to it, as gigs don't always turn out how you expect them to, anything can happen.

After I had filmed I got home and started to look back on my footage, with most of it, I was highly happy with the quality, shots and angles I got, however I felt that it wasn't enough to fill the whole video. So I spoke to the band again, and they told me their last date, which was their home town would pull a massive crowd, so I decided it would be in my best interest to travel all the way to Newcastle to film the final part. Before going I made a list on my phone what shots I would get and how I would get them to make sure that I got everything for this show.

It was perfect, as going all the way to their final show was so worth it! I got a solid 10 minutes of footage which was perfect quality and acceptable to use for my music video, the problem now was I just had way to much footage, but more is better than less. I shifted through all the footage and deleted any irrelevant parts and selected the ones I liked the most that I could use.

Now I am back at sixth form and starting year 13, I have a few goals in which I hope to achieve by November.
Within this month I want to have completed most of my planning in order to proceed forward to my music video editing. I want to finish this and also start to edit my music video, play around with the software and get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment